Mary's KampotCambodia blog

Monday, January 08, 2007

Back again...

A real quick post to say it's been crazy here in Kampot. Now the cool, windy season is upon us. What a joy!! The sky, everyday is a glorious blue. Makes me think of Fall weather back in New England. This won't last, sad to say.
We had a typhoon pass through here. It seems we've been hit by the weather as of late. We only got the tail end of that though in comparison to VietNam.
I'll be posting more photos. When I take pictures I take tons, then I won't pick up my camera for what seems forever. I really do enjoy taking photos, especially of kids. I just start shooting and see what happens. This last bunch was my own kids.
It seems Kampot is better known with the travelers and backpackers. We have seen a steady stream of travelers of all ages. Which is a real welcome site. There are the backpackers hoping to find a good place at a decent price, which I am happy to say Kampot abounds with quite a few good places at The "Tout Barang"price $ 2.50. Tout is cheap and Barang is us Fur-Nurs :-). Then you can even find a really decent room, for up to the $35 range here in Kampot. At Kep it can go up to $60 and over. We've been seeing couples, older and our age and even families. So Kampot is now on the map :-)
Back in 1996-1997 and even 1998 that wasn't the case. Kampot was still the scary place to go. We would get comments like, You live in Kampot??? If you're in Thailand you still get comments, "You live in Cambodia, don't you find it scary?" That mind you is from the Thai nationals. The feelings between the two countries isn't all that friendly, sad to say.
Well I'll be posting a few pictures and hope to be on more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home