Mary's KampotCambodia blog

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Jack Fruit

We happen to have one of these trees in our back yard garden. This happens to be the worlds largest fruit. This one is just a baby but I've seen them 24 inches long and wide. We just had one given to us from a family at Phnom Dong that was 12 inches long and wide.
Most of our family would love to have a Durrian tree which is another large fruit, the best being from this province. It has large spikes and when you are across the road from just a few durian you can smell them. It took me 8 years to get used to them and now I find I can't stand it if I am without.
There are many hotels in SouthEast Asia that ban Durian from being brought in. You either love it or hate it. Most of my family now loves it. We still have one hold out... Jack fruit like the one above isn't a problem though Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home