Mary's KampotCambodia blog

Sunday, June 25, 2006

My New neighbor and thoughts

One of my new neighbors. he's been hooting all afternoon. With the rain they have moved him and his mother under cover so now he likes to climbed on my banana trees and swing which is the cutest thing. he is much more friendly then the older one and loves to have the kids feed him.
It's been raining for two days straight, always starts in the afternoon so it makes us all scramble to rescue the clothes that might be dried or partially.
The internet, power and water have all worked off and on . More off then on which is a pain. Trying to do work is almost impossible on my computer. The thunder storms have been strong so I unplug everything. When the power goes out I turn on the generator which is in the building behind the houe. If the power were to go out at night and Mean weren't here well then it would be candle and flash-light time. I hate going in that building in the daylight. I had to to shut if off one time at night and even my Khmer boys weren't happy about going in there. It probably has numerous large lizards we call Duk-eyes, because of the sound they make, mostly at night. Snakes are another problem, mostly rat, which look like a cobra. We had those out at Un- Mong but yet to see them here in town. My son-in-law used to go out every time ( to protect me) I did, to check on the reason for the dogs barking but he's used to me now and can't prevent me from going out. one time when one of our other dogs who i got rid of attacked and killed one of cats i was out quick as a flash and only in my night gown. i could hear mean saying to Megan in hsuhed tones as i went by their bedroom "Can't you get your Mom to stay in the house at night, it's not safe. " She said who would go near her the way she's waving that Magi Flash light. As it turned out we lost that cat and I sent the dog via Mean's car to a fruit plantation the next morning.I'm not usually scared cause of my dogs, one being a 200 pound Bull mastiff named Samson, then I have a Khmer dog who really is just like a Austrailian Cattle Dog. She's been our loyal dog for 8 years now and very protective. Where most Khmer dogs do a lot of barking and run when someone comes she doesn't bark till needed and then charges and will put herself in-between the problem and you. I have 2 lap/house dogs and a granddaugter of my khmer dog. We have one cat who is the king of the whole house but owns my son Joe. Joe loves him. Actullay he has us all wrapped around his paws... Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home