Mary's KampotCambodia blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Monks collecting offerings

I find myself enjoying the peacfulness of the Monks when I see them out on their walks in the mornings. A blur of saffron and yellow. Makes me wish that more of us in the world would find peace...
Though none of the world's religions are 100% peaceful, even Christianity, which is so sad though we look and point at others and say they are the ones... No, There has been so much corruption in all of the worlds faiths, nothing is pure anymore and no one knows their roots. Even the monks here , many who only do a short stint for one reason or another. Many can be seen today sitting astride instead of sidesaddle, many wear shoes and carry cell phones like was seen in Tomb Raider. If you go by the Wats and look in their dorms you can see pictures of the latest Pop stars and they have radios or some type of stereo. Peace still prevails though. I have one Wat on the other side of the river that I like to go visit and sit down and just rest, take a moment, a breather from all the rush. It's quiet and peaceful, something I've needed a lot lately.
May we all find some kind of peace in our lives today. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home