Mary's KampotCambodia blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Double Boat

A double boat loaded with Vietnamese. the boatman was amazed of my command of the language and was yelling to the other boatman that I could understand. I sat in his shade to keep cool and listened to the Vietnamese chatter. They truly to have High Pitch sing- songy voices that grated on the nerves after a while. My daughter has been over in Vietnam many times with her husband as has my husband Tim. I never have. My Megan who is 20 said she spent 3 days during Tet( their new year )two years ago and had a head ache the whole time. Though only thing they do share with the Khmer is they shout. Khmer are also very loud.
We live right on the border of Vietnam and My son-in-law worked as head of Customs for two years till his promotion this last May. Now he's in charge of International relations.
I prefer Thailand and love to travel into Bangkok whenever I can. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home